One of my readers asked if a deer antler chew was a good choice for her dog:
You’ll notice there’s a theme here: repetition. You need to consistently practice these drills for them to really absorb it. If at any point they seem confused about what to do, or can’t find the shed, step back and make it a little easier. Positive reinforcement and repetition will transform your little pup into a great dog in no time. Shed season starts now, load up the and your best friend(s) and enjoy time out in the deer woods.
Once your dog gets the concept and can consistently find antlers where you place them, it’s time for the real deal. Find in the late winter/early spring to let your dog show you what it can do. These areas include food sources, bedding areas, and trails leading between the two. If a funnel location brings a deer through some thick brush or a fence line, this is a great spot for a buck to lose his antlers. Focus on these areas, and give your dog time to thoroughly search. It’s important that you use your chosen command so they know they should be looking for antlers instead of just going for a walk in the woods. When they do find and retrieve a , be firm in having them drop it and don’t let them play with it. Take time to thoroughly praise them, both verbally and physically. Let them know that you’re happy with their find!
Before You Buy Other Antlers for Dogs, Please Read!!!
Are deer antlers for dogs a good chew toy?
Are you constantly buying an endless supply of dog treats? Is your puppy/dog chewing on anything & everything? We have the solution, antler dog chews. Better than rawhide bones! Way better than nylon bones! Better than any other chew on the market! The long lasting, safe, teeth whitening, 100% all natural, no dyes, no preservatives, no additives, allergy free, organic taste great dog treat that most dogs will go nuts for!What about the Deer Antler Chews? He LOVES them! Sam is the real reason we decided to pursue this business. He will literally chew for HOURS straight and make very little (but some) progress, which keeps him determined to chew and chew and chew. We've never seen any dog love a toy so much!We only use Solid antler for our dog chews. Mostly Hard White and Brown. Some antler may have light surface cracks, but we do our best to keep this to a minium. We use Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Elk and Moose Antler for our Dog chews. 90% Wild Found, Naturally Shed antlers. The remaining 10% is from Hunter taken and Ranched/Farmed Deer. WARNING: Once the antler has become small enough for your dog to swallow whole, you will need to remove, replace, discard or recycle it and give it to a smaller dog!