There’s no proof that Nylabone dog chews are toxic, or that they can give dogs seizures.
The brown one on the left got my dog sick! When I called to report it, the people at nylabone were extremely rude to me and tried to make it seem like I was confused. What am I confused about? Days after my dog had the bone he’s vomiting and peeing blood! I’ll never use their products again!
Same with my dog! Vomiting and peeing blood! He has a urinary tract infection they said. Same symptoms of salmonella. Call nylabone!! They should foot your vet bills!
I got Nylabones for my dogs several years ago.
Nylabone Healthy Edibles Roast Beef Flavored Dog Bone Chews
WE HAVE A BLACK LABRADOR PUPPY NAMED FARLEY AND ON DECEMBER 16TH 2008 HE WAS RUSHED TO THE VETS FOR VOMITTING AND DIARRHEA. THE VET DID AN X-RAY AND DETERMINED HE HAD A BLOCKAGE BETWEEN HIS STOMACH AND HIS INTESTINE, SO HE HAD TO UNDERGO EMERGENCY SURGERY. WHEN THEY OPENED HIM UP THEY FOUND UNDIGESTED LARGE CHUNKS OF NYLABONE. WHEN I E-MAILED THE COMPANY THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE IT WAS THEIR NYLABONE THAT WAS LODGED IN HIS GUTS AND WANTED THE BONE SENT TO THEM. I EXPLAINED THE VET DISCARDED IT AND THEY NEVER REPLIED BACK OTHER THAN BASICALLY SAYING WE WERE LIARS IN A ROUND ABOUT WAY. NOONE SHOULD GIVE THEIR PETS THESE HORRIBLE PRODUCTS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WON'T LOOK INTO THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE ISSUE OF UNDISSOLVED PIECES OF THEIR BONES FOUND IN SEVERAL DOGS AND EVEN THE BONES CAUSING DEATH. THANK GOODNESS WE WERE QUICK ACTING AND SAVED FARLEY'S LIFE.I had a similar incident to the Nylabone Healthy Edibles when my dog was a pup. Although Nylabone claims that these bones are digestible-they aren't. My dog got a small piece lodged in his intestine and had to have emergency surgery to save his life. After contacting Nylabone at our vet’s request, Nylabone paid for the entire episode. We sent them the vet records and the remainder of the piece of bone and they sent us a check, no questions asked. If that doesn't show fault, I don't know what does!It was last year and me and my boyfriend gave my 9 month old yorkie what we thought was a safe Nylabone, but he chewed a piece off and it went into his intestine and we had to get 50 percent of it removed after a week in the hospital and 4 thousand dollars later we got to bring our dog home. He does ok now but we have to watch what he eats because a lot of stuff makes him sick.This is very helpful; as I have a 7 pound 2 year dog underwent major surgery and is in critical condition in the hospital, He may not make it. When the vet made incisions into his intestines he found material he believes to be the liver flavored Nylabone lodged in the intestines. My dog did eat the liver flavored Nylabone, as did my other dogs.